Turn Your Pet’s Bath Time into Spa Time
Is your dog or cat afraid of a bath? Do they run when they hear the water starting? Creating a pet spa atmosphere changes a stressful time into a relaxing, pampering time for your pet. Bonus: you get to experience the spa atmosphere as well!
Here are some tips for creating your own pet spa day:
- Choose a time when you aren’t in a hurry or distracted. Both can make you stressed which your pet can sense.
- Gather all the supplies you need in the bathing area before you try to get your pet there. This will make the bathing experience go smoothly.
- Flameless scented candles can relax the mood. You may even want to diffuse some essential oils. Just use a little! Your pet’s sense of smell is much stronger than yours so a little goes a long way.
- Soothing music can also help you and your pet feel at ease.
- Brushing your pet’s fur before the bath can act as a relaxing massage and can remove loose hair to prevent clogs in your drain.
- For washing, use warm water and be sure to use dog shampoo, not human shampoo, since dog shampoo is formulated for a dog’s skincare needs.
- For drying, you can gently use a soft towel or a chamois.
Turning bath time into spa time changes a dreaded chore into a stress-free time together!
If your pet is overdue for a bath and scheduling a do-it-yourself spa time is unavailable to you, you can still get the job done with Big Times Kennel. Give us a call and make an appointment to drop off your pet before work in the morning (as early as 7:30) and pick up on your way home from work (as late as 6:00). While your pet is here, he will enjoy a luxurious grooming session and be able to spend the rest of the day in the most comfortable home away from home.