10 Reasons Why Boarding Your Pet Will Have You Feeling Guilt-Free During Summer Vacation
As pet parents, we’d all love to take our pets with us wherever we go but, unfortunately, that’s not always possible or practical since not all places are pet-friendly. Do you have a plan for boarding your pet when you go on summer vacation?
Making arrangements for boarding your pet at a kennel might at first be worrisome, but for the pet, it could be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. First, and foremost, do some research, visit a kennel or two, meet the staff, and introduce your pet if possible.
Be aware of cleanliness, air quality, and demeanor of the staff who will be working with your pet.
Ask to see where your pet will be staying and how much space he/she will have and if it’s secure, and how they handle feeding, medication or anxiety issues while you are gone.
John and Maureen, Owners of Big Times Kennel and devoted animal lovers, have your pet’s best interests and well-being in mind. John was a trainer of show dogs for many years and has titled dogs in all the venues he pursued including obedience and agility. Maureen is an experienced and reputable groomer and loves caring for your pets.
Your Pet’s Stay at Big Times Kennel includes:
1) A well-maintained kennel that is cleaned and sanitized several times daily inside and out; cats receive fresh litter daily.
2) A climate-controlled environment with heating, air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, and a medical grade air purification system.
3) A healthy environment requiring all pets to be immunized with valid proof from a veterinarian.
4) Plenty of secure double-fenced outdoor access for pups to run and play or rest in the shade or sunshine; kitties have plenty of room to climb, explore and relax in their plush-carpeted condo.
5) Self-replenishing water, regular feeding/rest/bedtime schedules, and plenty of pats, cuddles, and treats to go around! Fresh bedding nightly and soothing music that continues through till morning.
6) Close monitoring for anxiety or health issues which are promptly handled by experienced staff with a vet on call if needed.
7) Accommodation of special food, feeding schedule, and medication (except for shots).
8) A shared space for sibling pets at your request.
9) Feline guest quarters that are separate from the canine residents so they can enjoy peace and comfort while receiving the same amenities.
10) Peace of mind in knowing that your precious pup or kitty is getting the best of gentle, loving care while allowing yourself the luxury of relaxing on your vacation.
Big Times Kennel is not only a boarding kennel for dogs and cats but also a dog training center and grooming facility (boarding clientele receive first grooming time slots, space is limited) which is an ideal way to introduce your pet to us before reserving a boarding spot. Getting them accustomed to the sites, smells, surroundings, and people at the kennel is a great way to alleviate their stress along with yours!