Manners or Competition –
Whether your dog is shy, outgoing, assertive, or athletic, one thing is certain; all dogs can benefit from manners and obedience training. It’s also possible that you and your pet are destined for the spotlight through agility and competition training!
Manners or competition at Big Times Kennel, we offer puppy training to the highest level of agility training in small group sessions of 7 or fewer students per class. Private one-on-one training is also available for those who can’t make it to regular classes, or your pet needs work on a particular behavior. Whatever your needs, circumstances, or aspirations, we have a class for you! For complete and detailed class information, see our Big Times Kennel dog training page. Here is a preview of what we offer:
Puppy Training – 2 Levels
- Puppy 101 – Age 9-16 weeks: we provide building a solid foundation between you and your pooch by puppy/handler interaction, learning basic commands, and addressing bad behaviors.
- Puppy 201 – Age 4-12 months: focuses on building your puppy’s confidence and attention span, as well as your ability to read your dog better. Practice sit, stay, down, leave, and walking on a leash.
Manners Training – 2 Levels
- Manners 101 – If you want your pet to become a better “neighbor,” this class focuses on sit, down, stay, walking on lead and come on recall. We also address barking, digging, jumping, and can help with housebreaking and counter surfing.
- Manners 201 – Optimizing longer sit-stays, leash manners, and down-stays using more distraction. Also, improving your dog readability under more challenging circumstances.
Agility Training – 4 Levels:
To enroll in Agility 101, your pooch needs to complete both manners sessions. To move up a level in agility, you need to complete the previous level.
- Agility 101 & 201 — Focuses on proper handler positions, dog placement and execution of obstacles, beginning with contacts and weave poles. We then move on to combination obstacles and different placement and introduction of crossing techniques.
- Agility 301 & 401 – Agility 301 moves your pup along to more competitive training by learning to run faster and smoother. The class is presented with new challenges each week.
Agility 401 is for the true competitor working on improving dog speed and handler skills; pushing you and your dog to the ultimate level of competition.
Confidence in Trainers —
Amanda says, “Awesome place to train your dog! Knowledgeable trainers with real experience! They teach you how to teach your dog! Won’t take my dogs anywhere else!”
Two essential elements of training are having confidence in the trainers and enjoying the experience of bonding with your pet.
Our instructors are experienced in all phases of training and compete in dog performance events regularly. Big Times Kennel offers 6-week courses in all levels of training several times throughout the year. Private lessons are scheduled by appointment.
Your Dog Can Be a Champion in Manners or Competition. Maybe Both!
John and Maureen Reilly have trained over 9,000 dogs in their 22+ years as owners of Big Times Kennel AND live on-site!
Sign up today! See the Big Times Kennel training schedule here and check back periodically for upcoming dates. Questions? Call 937-885-3427.